UK College of Holistic Training - Diploma in Psychology
A general psychology diploma course covering material up to undergraduate standard with in-depth study of a choice of special topics. Ideal for general interest, counsellors, hypnotherapists, psychotherapists, life and personal coaches and complementary medicine practitioners, helping professionals and those considering entry to a psychology degree or therapy training. Open entry. Suggested study time 6 to 9 months.
Cost: £250.00 (250 Pounds Sterling) Fees reduced for limited time to £175 for full payment at enrolment (Textbooks extra - approx. cost of textbooks £60.00 or more depending on the extra topics selected)
Syllabus (this syllabus is subject to change):
· History, Scope and Methods of Psychology;
· Biological Psychology;
· Developmental Psychology;
· Perception and Consciousness;
· Memory, Learning and Thinking;
· Language; Motivation and Emotion;
· Personality Theories and Individual Differences;
·Abnormal Psychology (covering anxiety disorders, mood disorders, dissociative identity disorder, schizophrenia, mind-body interactions and insanity in the courts);
· Therapies (history, therapy techniques, effectiveness, social issues);
· Social Behaviour, Influence, Conformity.
Introductory information about Statistics is given but that section is optional and not examined.