flag

Last Updated:
Thu, 16 Oct 2014, 16:34 GMT
Space
Img
Phenemine without Prescription
Keyword Search: in
Asthma and Eczema
Ask us a Question
Name
Email Address
Comments
Code ^

Asthma is a chronic lung disease that affects approximately 7% of adults and 9% of children in the United States. Asthma symptoms include wheezing, coughing, out of breath, and other breathing difficulties. These symptoms are triggered by allergens or non- allergens. Allergens include seasonal pollens, dust, mould, pets, insects and non-allergens could be a cold, smoke, exercise, anxiety, humidity etc... Some researchers believe that all breathing disorders are related and others disagree, either way there is no current cure for asthma but there are many ways to control its conditions.

Although asthma is not a physiological problem stress and anxiety could increase the intensity of the symptoms. To help with asthma and stress control yoga can relax the body, open up the chest cavity, increases lung capacity and offers some great exercise.

Asthma is connected to genetics; Medicine Net quotes "You have a 6% chance of having asthma if neither parent has the condition, a 30% chance if one parent has it, and a 70% chance if both parents have it." If asthma runs in your family look for signs in your children and notify your pediatrician.

Eczema is a skin disease that causes symptoms such as itchy, inflamed skin. Doctors do not understand what causes eczema but they conclude that it is related to an abnormality in ones immune system. Some forms of eczema can be triggered by contact irritants such as fabrics and jewelry or eczema can be a reaction to allergens. Where there is a family history of eczema or of other allergies such as asthma or hay fever eczema is more prevalent.

There are different types of eczema. They are categorized by the way it appears on the skin.

  1. Atopic dermatitis is a disease of the skin thought to be caused by an abnormality in the immune system; it is hereditary and not contagious.
  2. Contact eczema is a rash that is triggered as an allergic reaction upon contact, E.G: nickel jewelry.
  3. Seborrheic eczema is oily and scaly patches of irritated skin. It often manifest itself as dandruff in adults and cradle cap in infants.
  4. Nummular eczema is an allergy related coin shaped rash most commonly found on the legs, back and buttocks.
  5. Neurodermatitis begins with a single localized itch. The itchiness will come and go and the skin will be raised, red and leathery. This is more common in women.
  6. Stasis dermatitis a skin disease affecting adults in their lower leg and ankles. It is often related to poor circulation in the veins. Symptoms are inflammation, redness, thinning skin and skin spots.
  7. Dyshidrotic eczema manifests itself as itchy blistery rash filled with fluid. It is found mostly on the fingers and palm of the hand. In some cases this is found on the foot.


By Worldwide Health Editor
All rights reserved. Any reproducing of this article must have the author name and all the links intact.

Author:

ALSO VIEW OUR
Articles
(Total : 87)
  Title
Sort by Title A-Z
Sort by Title Z-A
5 Tips to Improve Parenting
6 Reasons to do Yoga
Acupressure
Acupressure Points
Acupuncture and Asthma
Alexander Technique
Alignment: A Key Component of Fitness
Alternative Christmas Gifts, Part 1.
Alternative Christmas Gifts, Part 2.
Aromatherapy?
Asthma and Eczema
Asthma Myths
Building Self Confidence
Children and Allergies
Chiropractic Medicine
Colour Therapy
Communicating with your Teenager
Counselling and Psychotherapy
Dance Therapy
Detox: A Spring Clean for Your Body.
Does your Marriage need a little Love and Tender Care?
Eliminate Negativity
Energy Healing
Get the lowdown on Allergies
Getting Rid of The Common Cold
Healthy Children, Happy Life
Hereís the scoop on Bio-resonance
Homeopathy
How about a Hot Stone Massage?
How to improve posture and how imagery can help.
How to Make and Achieve Goals
How to make healthy choices easy
Ideas for Summer Exercising.
Indian Head Massage
Juicing
Layers of Skin
Life Coaching
Loosing Weight Fast is BAD!
Magnet Therapy
Make the choice to age graciously
Making exercise a reality
Massage Therapy not only sounds good, it feels good.
Meditation
Myth: All Processed Food is bad for you
Natural Healthy Skin Looks Better Than Botox!
Personality can hide depression
Positive Thoughts = Happiness
Possible early Alzheimer's diagnosis
Pregnant? The flu shot will protect you and baby.
Prenatal Massage
Say Goodbye to Weight Loss Programs and Hello to Self Care?
Seasonal Affective Disorder and Light Therapy
Self worth: The key to staying focused
Skin Care
Slim down; belly fat is BAD
The Aromatherapy First Aid Kit
The Doís and Doníts of Christmas Eating
The Gift Of Health
The Sleep Challenge
Things You Need to Know Before Marriage Counseling
Tips on Enduring Allergies
Tips on staying stress free during the Christmas Season
Tisí the season for a Cold!
Types of Kinesiology?
Universal Screening will detect harmful eating disorder habits
Use Therapy To Heal A Smoking Addiction
UV Rays
Vigorous Exercise reduces Breast cancer Risk
Water Therapy
Wearing skin the right way?
Weight Loss: The benefits and Career Opportunities
What defines a sports massage and how can it help me?
What is Bowen Technique/Therapy?
What is Chinese Medicine?
What is Herbal Medicine?
What is Hypnotherapy?
What is Lymphoma?
What is Naturopathy?
What is Neuropathy?
What is Nutrition?
What is Osteopathy?
What is Reflexology?
What Is Rolfing?
What You Can Do To Age Healthily
Who is most at risk to develop common food allergies?
Why I Run
ďBut I donít want my Vitamins!Ē


Contact Form

Please use this form to contact Worldwide Health Editor
** This form is intended for those with genuine enquiries/questions.
 

Name
Company (if any)
Comments
Email
Phone
  To avoid misuse and spamming, please enter the verification code, shown below, to send your message. Thank you
 
if you can't read the image text to load another one.
Enter Code
 

Disclaimer and Terms. This article is the opinion of the author. WorldwideHealth.com makes no claims regarding this information. WorldwideHealth.com recommends that all medical conditions should be treated by a physician competent in treating that particular condition. WorldwideHealth.com takes no responsibility for customers choosing to treat themselves. Your use of this information is at your own risk. Your use of this information is governed by WWH terms and conditions.

left border
Space
right border
space
Home | Alternative Medicine | Directory | Health Article | Health Video | Daily Health News | Training Courses | Associations | Ecards | Members Link to Us |
Health Related Web Links | Site Map | about us | Contact Us | Add Health Articles to Your Site Complementary Alternative Medicine, Natural Remedies, Alternative Health Articles


Use of service subject to terms and conditions
Copyright Worldwidehealth.com © 2003-2012