The Kidney Failure
Chronic kidney Failure or chronic renal failure (CRF) or chronic kidney disease (CKD) the different name in one disorder, the kidney failure is a fatal disease where the body’s waste products which should be expelled out from our body in the form of urine through our both kidneys cannot be excreted out due to nonfunctioning of kidneys and that leads to multi organ failure. The major causes of chronic kidney failures are Diabetes mellitus (also called diabetic nephropathy), hypertension, SLE (lupus nephropathy), poly cystic kidneys, renal carcinoma (cancer). The extension and severity of damage in kidney tissues can be evaluated through glomerulus filtration rate (GFR). Normal kidney function – GFR above 90mL/min/1.73m2 and no proteinuria
The severity of chronic kidney disease (CKD) is described by five stages;
1) CKD1 – GFR above 90mL/min/1.73m2 with evidence of kidney damage
2) CKD2 (Mild) – GFR of 60 to 89 mL/min/1.73m2 with evidence of kidney damage
3) CKD3 (Moderate) – GFR of 30 to 59 mL/min/1.73m2
4) CKD4 (Severe) – GFR of 15 to 29 mL/min/1.73m2
5) CKD5 Kidney failure - GFR less than 15 mL/min/1.73m2 Some people add CKD5D for those stage 5 patients requiring dialysis; many patients in CKD5 are not yet on dialysis
Common treatment procedure
There are three procedures in modern medicine for such condition.
1. Symptomatic medicines with some specific medicines to control the causative disease such as Diabetes mellitus, hypertension, etc and diuretics to reduce the oedematic conditions.
2. Dialysis (Haemodialysis or Peritoneal dialysis depending on the doctors decision)
3. Kidney transplantation
Those are not the curative treatment procedure for kidney failure palliative treatment tries to keeps a person alive by performing the crucial functions of the kidneys by dialysis or kidney transplantation.
But homeopathic treatment stimulates someone's immune system to perform normal functions - this way damaged kidneys start functioning normally (depends upon the stage of the disease)
Which type of kidney patients should take Homeopathic treatment?
1. Healthy persons who have strong family history of renal failure should take constitutional homeopathic treatment to avoid the risk of renal failure.
2. Diabetic patients who are suffering from Hypertension also must take constitutional homeopathic treatment.
3. Persons who are having symptoms of early renal failure of unknown etiology must start the constitutional homeopathic treatment.
4. Patients suffering from recurrent renal stone formation or having stone lodged somewhere in the ureter must start constitutional homeopathic treatment.
5. Kidney patients of any stage should start constitutional homeopathic treatment as earliest as possible for avoiding passing into the complete renal damage.
6. Patients who are taking some urine forming medicines such as Lasix, Dytor etc. should start constitutional homeopathic treatment otherwise their kidneys will have to suffer badly.
7. Patients who are on dialysis can get rid off the frequent dialysis by taking constitutional homeopathic treatment
8. Patients who are waiting for renal transplantation should start constitutional homeopathic treatment which can stop the urgent need of kidney donor.
The MAHT Improvement percentage in CRF stage wise
1) CKD1 – GFR above 90mL/min/1.73m2 with evidence of kidney damage – 100%
2) CKD2 (Mild) – GFR of 60 to 89 mL/min/1.73m2 with evidence of kidney damage – 100%
3) CKD3 (Moderate) – GFR of 30 to 59 mL/min/1.73m2 – above 90%
4) CKD4 (Severe) – GFR of 15 to 29 mL/min/1.73m2 – above 60%
5) CKD5 Kidney failure - GFR less than 15 mL/min/1.73m2 Some people add CKD5D for those stage 5 patients requiring dialysis; many patients in CKD5 are not yet on dialysis - – above 60%
The present Treatment verses Homeopathy Treatment in CRF
1. Duration of treatment:
Lifelong treatment in present conventional system of treatment.
Homeopathic medicines can be stopped in 2 to 5 years depending on the severity and underlying cause of the disease.
2. Chance of revive of kidney:
Damaged Kidneys cannot be repaired in present conventional system of treatment. Modern medicine try to facilitate the bodily waste products to pass out by the process of dialysis through artificial or by transplanted natural kidney and simultaneously by doing forced diuresis with the diuretic medicines that eventually lead to more damage to the remaining nephrons (renal cells).
Though Homeopathy does not provide any substitute (dialysis or new Kidney) for any organ (Kidney) but it can revive the damaged organ .
3. Dialysis verses homeopathy:
There is no curative procedure for CRF in present conventional system of treatment. Kidney transplantation and Dialysis does not cure renal failure, but instead keeps a person alive for few months to years by performing the crucial functions of the kidneys. The process of dialysis cannot be stopped once a patient starts on it. As the time passes this procedure has to done more frequently. Even doctors cannot imagine that it can be slow down (gap in dialysis can be increased) so they (doctors) compel their patient to come for dialysis more frequently. As long as the patient is performing dialysis can live few months to years (just to live, not in a completely healthy condition) but if stop then no chance to survive.
But homeopathy stimulates someone's immune system to perform normal functions, in this way damaged kidneys and other organ's functions start improving .Patient's kidneys may start improving as soon as he starts taking homeopathic treatment. It helps the patient withdrawing from dialysis. That's why homeopath advises his patient to increase gap in the subsequent dialysis.
4. Treatment cost factor:
In allopathic system patient has to spend Rs.5000 to 20000/- per month exclusively on medicines. Expanses of hospital's fee and investigations are superfluous.
Homeopathic treatment cost depends on the severity of disease and knowledge and experience of the doctor, even a costliest doctor's treatment remains quite economical than allopathic expenses.
5. Kidney transplant complication:
In case of kidney transplanted patients kidney's linked diseases like Diabetes mellitus and Hypertension may become uncontrolled instead of taking full medical care.
constitutional homeopathic treatment not only repairs the damaged kidneys but simultaneously it helps in maintaining the blood sugar level and blood pressure to a normal level.
6. Treatment concept:
In present conventional system of treatment damage is a continuous process, it can be slow down up to a certain limit but cannot be stopped.
The constitutional homeopathic treatment can stop the further damage of diseased organ without delay and further treatment may revive the damaged tissue.
7. Scope of Treatment in polycystic kidney:
In the similar way present conventional system of treatment can not treat (correct) the cysts or tumors of kidneys.
The constitutional homeopathic treatment can treat the tumors as well as polycystic kidneys also.
8. Symptomatic verses curative treatment:
Doctors and patient always remain worried about the bio-chemistry (Sodium, potassium, calcium, phosphorus, etc.) otherwise some complications may likely to occur. Even with taking care of all the measures patient starts complaining of symptoms related to electrolyte imbalance almost every day.
In constitutional homeopathic treatment once patient's immunity improves (you can feel it just within days) all organs' functions will start improving simultaneously bio-chemistry also becomes normal naturally.