|10 TIPS FOR A HEALTHY & HAPPY LIFE
1. Drink a cup of hot water with some lemon juice first thing in the morning. Very cleansing for the liver and the digestive system.
2. Breathe! Breathing properly will help you to relax and clear your head. Start your day by sitting in silence with your eyes closed for about 7 minutes. Bring your breathing into a natural rhythm. Then inhale deeply through your nose, all the way down to your belly, and breathe out slowly through your mouth. Let your thoughts come and go as they please, but don’t pay any attention to them.
You will feel more relaxed, focused and ready for a new day.
3. Treat yourself to fresh juices and smoothies instead of coffee and cake.
4. Read the labels! The skin absorbs 60% of what we put on it, so choose natural, organic products instead of creams full of parabens and other nasties. Did you know that the average woman uses about 175 chemicals a day on her skin?
5. Be a garlic monster! Mix raw garlic with olive oil, honey and balsamic vinegar for a tasty salad dressing. Toss 8-10 cloves in olive oil and roast in the oven for about 15 mins, turning frequently. Serve with anything.
6. Olive oil is your friend. Use in your bath, on your scalp, on dry patches of skin, or on your hands and feet. And, of course, in cooking. Coldpressed, extra virgin oil is the best.
7. Make your own body scrub with raw cane sugar, olive oil and honey. Yum!
8. Be a wise woman or cunning man – buy a book with herbal remedies and try making some yourself. Fennel is a great digestive aid, chamomile is good for period pain and insomnia and milk thistle does wonders for the liver.
9. Relax! Less stress, means a happier life, less acne, clearer skin with less wrinkles, more energy and a healthy immune system.
10. Dance! In your living room, in a nightclub or on your way to the tube. Try salsa, flamenco or belly dancing. Great exercise and a good laugh.
By: Helena Lundvik - London, UK