- If We Separate The Word Allergy and Rhinitis We Can Understand It Better.
- E Body To Foreign Substance And Rhinitis Mean Inflammation Of Nasal Mucosa. (‘Rhino' I.e. Nose & ‘Itis' I.e. Inflammation.)
- In Simple Language Allergic Rhinitis means Inflammation Of Mucus Lining Of Nasal Passage When It Is Sensitive It Is Also Known As Hay Fever but It Is A Misnomer As There Is Usually No Fever In It.
- It Is Usually Associated With Watery Nasal Discharge And Itching Of Nose And Eyes With Sneezing.
- Allergy Can Be Hereditary. Why Allergy Occurs To An Individual Is Not Known.
- The Causative Factors Which Are Responsible For The Allergic Rhinitis Are As Below...
- Dust Mites
- Trees (deciduous And Evergreen)
- Animal Dander
- Cereal Grain
- Wood Dust
- Chemicals Etc.
- Allergy Is An Oversensitive Reaction Of Immune System Towards Foreign Substances Which Although Harmless To Normal Individual.
- When Person Is Allergic To Any Substance And He Breathes In That Particular Substance, His Body Over-reacts To It And Produces Antibodies Against It.
- In Case Of Allergic Rhinitis It Represents By Itching & Swelling Of Nasal Mucosa, Runny Nose, Irritation Of Eyes, Watering Of Eyes, Chronic Cough- Secondary To Post Nasal Drip And Headache, Etc.
- Allergic Person May Have Other Disorders Like Skin Complains-urticaria, Eczema Or In The Form Of Gastric Disturbances Also.
- Homoeopathic Medicines Are Acting On The Basis Of Individualization Of The Patient And Not Merely On The Diagnosis Of The Disease.
- It Stimulates The Inner Power Of The Body And Ultimately Helps The Body To Cop Up With The Allergic Condition.
- Some Of The Medicines Like Blatta Ori, Aspidosperma, Ars Iod, Ars Alb, Phos, Sulph, Etc. Are Used In Allergic Condition On The Base Of Patient's Constitution And His Detailed History.
What Preventive Measures Should One Take?
- Always It Is Better To Prevent The Disease Rather To Treat It.
- To Prevent Allergy In Oneself Is Not Possible As It May Relate To His Heredity Or Genetics.
- One Can Take Precautionary Steps To Prevent The Frequent Attacks. They Are......
- Remain Indoors When Pollen Level Is Higher Outside.
- If Possible Let The Air Conditioner On And Close All The Windows.
- If You Can't Prevent To Go Outsides You Must Wear A Face Mask Which Can Filter Pollens. If You Don't Have It, In Emergency You Can Prepare A Humidifier Mask By Wetting Your Hanky In Water And Wear It As A Face Mask.
- Wash Your Face, Hands And Feet Whenever You Return From Out Side So That Even If Pollens Stick To Your Body Part There Will Be Less Chance To Be Affected By Them.
- People Who Are Sensitive To Dust Should Take Care To Make Daily Using Things Like Carpet, Mattresses, Pillows Etc Dust Free.
Can It Cause Any Complication?
The Disease Itself Can Cause Following Other Problems If Not Treated Or Controlled In Right Time. They Are....
Nastypel Polypsyou have symptoms of hay fever but you have them after the hay fever season is over, they are likely to be due to an allergen that is present throughout the year. The predominant symptoms are blocked or runny nose and sneezing, hence the name allergic rhinitis. House-dust mite is a common cause of allergic rhinitis, but there are others, including allergens from animals such as cats, dogs, and horses. Certain foods, drugs and chemicals can also be involve.
People with seasonal allergies face different challenges depending on the time of year. For many who are allergic to grass or tree pollens, spring can bring sneezing, itching and runny nose and red or teary eyes of allergy symptoms. Summer brings grass pollen and ragweed. By fall, ragweed may still be in the air in some areas, and as the season goes on, autumn leaves fall and produce a terrific crop of molds where they lie on the ground. Neighbors may burn piles of leaves, creating smoke, fumes, and airborne mold spores. In winter, for the families staying cozy inside, allergens such as dust mites and pet dander are indoors with them and cause allergic reactions.
EXERCISE-INDUSED FOOD ALLERGY:
Exercise can induce an allergic reaction to food. The usual scenario is that of a person eating a specific food, and then exercising. As he exercises and his body temperature increases, he begins to itch, gets light headed, and soon develops the characteristic allergic reactions of hives, asthma, abdominal symptoms, and even anaphylaxis. The cure, actually a preventive measure, for exercise-induced food allergy is simple-not eating for at least two hours before exercising.
WHY ARE SOME PEOPLE ALLERGIC & OTHERS NOT:
It may be all in the family. People seem to inherit the tendency to be allergic, although not to any specific allergen. If you're not sure if you have allergies, here are two points to keep in mind:
- Do your parents have allergies? If both your parents have allergies, you have a 60-80% chance of developing them too. If one of your parents has allergies, you have a 30-50% chance of developing allergies.
- Does your child have allergies? As noted above, allergies can be passed from parent to child. If you know your child has allergies, it may be an indication that you have allergies too.
SINUSITIS & ALLERGIES:
Sinusitis is caused by a viral, bacterial, or fungal infection. Allergies can cause the nasal passages to swell. When this happens, mucus can't drain properly from the nasal passages, so it may accumulate in the sinuses (cavities behind the cheekbones). These mucus pools provide an excellent place for bacteria to grow-all of which can lead to sinusitis. Symptoms of sinusitis may include:
- Headaches (you may feel as if your face hurts).
- Yellow or greenish mucus
- Nasal congestion
MORE INFORMATIONS : http://www.homeopathyonline.in/allergic-disease.htm#overview
By DR HARSHAD RAVAL M.D [ HOMEOPATHY ]
All rights reserved. Any reproducing of this article must have the author name and all the links intact.