Cold sore home remedies usually are more effective than store-bought treatments. And they are quite a bit cheaper, if not totally free. Drug companies want you to continue spending money on their products. But now you do not need to - with your own cold sore home remedies listed here.
Many home remedies for cold sores have come to light thanks to the information sharing capabilities of the internet. Most are quite easy and work great. Some, however, must be used in a certain way for the results you desire.
Listed below, you will discover some of the best of these cold sore home remedies that you can count on to consistently clear your cold sores. Also, now you will know exactly how to get the best results for your specific needs.
Perhaps you are currently using one or the other of these treatments. Wonderful. But, quite often, the greatest success is found by combining with new remedies and fine-tuning for your specific needs.
- LYSINE - The herpes virus that causes cold sores reproduces by using arginine stored in the cells. Lysine replaces arginine and makes herpes reproduction impossible. During an outbreak, sufferers can take up to 8000 mg. daily of supplemental lysine. Between cold sores, as a preventative, 500 to 1000 mg. daily is common.
- FLOUNDER - Many have reported eating one pound of steamed flounder in a single day and totally wiping out their cold sores. The key here - flounder is extremely high in lysine. Flounder has about 14,000 mg. (14 grams) of body-ready lysine per pound.
- ALOE VERA - A live plant is best and very easy to grow in your home. Nip off a bit of the leaf and use the sap on your sore. You can put the unused portion in a plastic bag in the refrigerator for future applications. This is an awesome first-aid plant to have around your home.
- BAKING SODA - The herpes virus cannot replicate in an alkaline environment. A paste of baking soda, when applied, will raise the pH and often stop or slow down the virus activity.
- WALNUTS - make a salve by grinding up walnuts into walnut butter. This is said to heal a sore in 7 days or less. It seems to be an unusual remedy since we generally avoid eating nuts with cold sores - because of their high content of arginine. Walnut oil is available and works very well.
- HYDROGEN PEROXIDE - Great for cleansing cold sores. Use a cotton ball or tissue. Works as well as alcohol, but also bathes the sore in oxygen. This not only stops the virus cold, but greatly speeds healing. Peroxide is excellent to use from the very start.
- HONEY - No germ or fungus can survive in honey. Antiviral, antifungal, antibiotic - honey is excellent to put on your sore when nothing else works. Honey has been used thousands of years for treating wounds.
- GARLIC - Down through the ages, garlic has been one of the most powerful and well proven remedies for any illness caused by virus, bacteria or fungus. Both an internal and external remedy for cold sores. Fresh is best. Cut a clove and rub the fresh oil on the cold sore. Use fresh garlic cloves in your salad.
Cold sore home remedies are many. These are just a few of the very best. You will find, as others have, these cold sore home remedies will work better, and for less cost, than expensive commercial remedies.
You are an individual and, as such, may find that not every remedy works for you. For best success, it is wise to combine several remedies. In this way, you will quickly create your own best-performing cold sore home remedies.
Fed up with being a slave to your cold sores? If so, check out these incredible free articles about COLD SORES. Denny Bodoh will give you a few powerful COLD SORE cures and remedies that really work.
By Denny Bodoh
All rights reserved. Any reproducing of this article must have the author name and all the links intact.