Want to know how to get rid of cold sores effectively? Read this quick article and discover how to get rid of cold sores, oral herpes and fever blisters with ease.
Once you know how to get rid of cold sores you will have serious relief when you need it most. Like me you have probably seen some wild claims for cold sore cures. They try to convince you they have the bottled answer how to get rid of cold sores.
You buy it, try it and end up throwing it away.
To understand how to get rid of cold sores, your really should first know what causes your cold sore. Once you understand the process, then it will be much more clear to you how the below methods work.
The main cause of a cold sore - or fever blisters or oral herpes - is the herpes simplex virus - type 1 or type 2. Both types cause the same sores.
This virus infects nearly 90% of the world population. Not only is it very contagious, but very durable. It lives for a lifetime in the nerve fibers near the original infection area.
Normally the herpes simplex virus is latent and not causing any problems. About 34% of those infected will never experience one cold sore. The other 66% will usually get one or more sores a year.
Once full of new virus copies, the cells burst open and release them. All these close cells bursting open creates the oral herpes cold sore you see and feel.
Now healing requires your body to create new cells to replace the ones that were burnt out.
Healing speed is different for each person. Your physical condition and activity levels will affect how quick you will heal. Also, having the necessary nutrients available is critical. This includes proteins and vitamins from your diet.
Quite likely you are wondering how to get rid of cold sores that are bothering you right now. The purpose here is to give you immediate help, but you will understand better how to prevent them too.
1. INITIAL COLD SORE SIGNS
The first warnings of a cold sore is a burning, tingling sensation. If you treat it early, you can delay (or sometimes prevent) the cold sore from appearing. This saves having to endure the repair process.
When you feel an itching or dryness, you can bet a new cold sore is only a day or two away. If you can catch the oral herpes cold sore at this early stage, you may not have to go through the lengthy healing process.
2. KEEPING THE COLD SORE CLEAN A MUST FOR FAST HEALING
Our bodies understand how to get rid of cold sores efficiently. Once the sore breaks open, your body creates a fluid that washes tons of cold sore virus out of the wound.
You can really help to speed up the healing process here.
Clean the sore as often as possible with throwaway alcohol or peroxide soaked tissues or paper towels. You will support healing by helping your body get rid of the virus more quickly.
3. HELP YOUR BODY REPAIR THE COLD SORE DESTRUCTION
Ice is great to reduce swelling and pain. But it greatly slows the healing process of an open wound. Once the cold sore has opened up, use application of heat instead. This will bring more healing blood where you need it most.
Warm, black tea bags are wonderful for this treatment. They are cheap and convenient. Tea also provides micro-nutrients that aid in cell protection and repair. Discard each tea bag after use.
For best results, do not heat the bags in a microwave. The radiation reduces the effectiveness of the healing properties of tea. Use hot water to heat the bag. Applying for 10 to 20 minute sessions is the best therapy.
Hopefully you will find these methods helpful in knowing how to get rid of cold sores.
Keep searching as new breakthroughs are coming out all the time. Everyone has different needs in this respect - but you will discover how to get rid of cold sores for yourself if you seriously try.
By Denny Bodoh
All rights reserved. Any reproducing of this article must have the author name and all the links intact.