Hypnosis is a natural state of mind (not a state of sleep) that can produce extraordinary levels of relaxation of body, mind, and emotions. The principles and theories upon which hypnotherapy are based are accessing and utilizing the power of one's inner resources.
Hypnosis can transcend the critical level of the mind and facilitate the acceptance of suggestions desired by you. The therapeutic use of hypnosis can also elicit information and insights from the inner mind.
There are many applications for hypnosis. Stopping a life long habit like smoking usually takes only one session. There are so many sufferers of anxiety and nervous tension, especially with these economic times. Hypnosis calms the nerves and quiets the mind providing a better handle on stress and chaos.
There are many things people are afraid of, caused by negative trauma or learned behavior like fear of flying, spiders, snakes and water, to name a few. The fear is usually based on mental projections which can be stopped cold with hypnosis and provide complete relief from the fear. One of my clients had a fear of lizards so bad that she couldn't go to a restaurant because if she saw a shadow that looked like a lizard she would freak out. Four sessions and a life long phobia was gone! Then there are other negative emotions such as anger, frustration, grief and disappointment that hypnosis can free you from.
Weight control is much easier with some hypnotic behavior modification and the releasing of emotional eating. Even those who are having gastric bypass and lap band surgery are benefiting by using hypnosis because the old "behavior" of binge eating and cravings do not go away with the surgery.
Try hypnosis to improve memory and concentration to pass an important test or to improve sports performance. Recently a client passed an Algebra class after failing twice by getting rid of his "math block".
Surgeons who have treated patients who use hypnotic techniques are so pleased with the lower rate of bleeding and the speedy recovery time. Pain can be minimized and completely tolerated by using imagery and direct suggestions. Even childbirth can be easier and more joyful with some Easy Birthing techniques of self hypnosis that benefit both the mom and dad!
Hypnosis can be applied to most situations where there is a mental or emotional block to success. When self esteem and confidence are increased, self trust becomes more powerful, causing clients to make better choices and decisions for themselves in career and relationships. The mind is the key to unlocking blocks and stuck behavior. We only use 10% of the power of the mind on a daily basis. Imagine what we can do with the other 90%!
© 2010, Hypnosis Concepts. Publication rights granted so long as article and byline are reprinted intact, with all links made live.
By Laurie Miller, CCH CCH
All rights reserved. Any reproducing of this article must have the author name and all the links intact.