Nasal allergies are common problems occurring in many people. There are various medications and sprays available today that alleviate the symptoms of allergies. Flonase, an approved drug, is widely used for treating nasal allergies. It is used for treatment of outdoor and indoor allergies. Flonase nasal spray is an anti-inflammatory spray. It helps in reduction of inflammation that causes nasal symptoms such as congestion, itchy and runny nose and sneezing. Fluticasone propionate is the active ingredient of Flonase. This drug can help you assuage the effect of year round nasal allergies as well. Flonase is an approved treatment of nasal symptoms of outdoor and indoor allergies. It is also used for year round non-allergic symptoms.
How does it work?
- Flonase helps you in relieving congestion, sneezing and runny nose.
- Flonase helps people roam around with freedom, without sneezing and constantly blowing their nose.
- It is non-addictive unlike other traditional and non-prescription nasal sprays.
- It prevents drowsiness and sleeplessness.
- It gives you a 24-hour relief from nasal symptoms.
- It provides quick allergy relief.
It is important that you know about nasal allergies before knowing how Flonase works.
How is Flonase used?
- Your body produces inflammatory substances every time you are exposed to dust, pollen of animal dander.
- These inflammatory substances have an effect on the lining of your nose. They trigger symptoms such as sneezing, itchy nose, and nasal congestion. This is a cycle and it is known as the inflammatory process where you are exposed to allergens.
- Flonase belongs to a class of medications called intranasal corticosteroids, which aid in reduction of inflammation. They work by reducing the response of nasal airways to allergens and other irritants in the air.
Flonase allergy relief nasal spray should be used only as directed by your doctor. A dose of two sprays in each nostril daily is prescribed to adults. You may reduce your dosage after a few days. Children should take only one spray in each nostril every day. You may see an improvement in nasal symptoms within 12 hours of application. It may take you several days and weeks to see maximum results. But you must use it daily. Also the results may vary from person to person.Why is Flonase better than other drugs?
Flonase nasal spray is an anti-inflammatory, which means that it helps in reduction of the underlying symptoms of nasal allergies. It can be bought without a prescription and it is not habit forming like other drugs. You can also take Nasonex for treating nasal allergies.Benefits of Flonase
When you are suffering from nasal allergy and other allergic symptoms such as congestion, itchy nose or sneezing, you want fast and effective treatment to get relief. It is important that you understand how Flonase treats these symptoms. This drug is approved to treat nasal allergies and symptoms of outdoor and indoor allergies along with year round non-allergic nasal symptoms, which have allergy like symptoms. It is applied locally, i.e. inside the nose, which gives you instant relief.
By Hayden Eck MBA
All rights reserved. Any reproducing of this article must have the author name and all the links intact.