Reductil: Lose weight safely and effectively
Reductil is a popular weight loss drug that is prescribed to people who are overweight or obese. It can help you lose weight as well as maintain it, provided you combine Reductil with regular regimens of fitness and healthy eating habits.
Reductil is available on the market as an oral pill. It’s manufactured by Abbott Laboratories and marketed in UK and European markets under the brand name, ‘Reductil’ and in the US market under the brand name, ‘Meridian’.
The main active ingredient in Reductil is sibutramine, which belongs to a group of medicines known as serotonin and noradrenaline reuptake inhibitors. It works as an appetite suppressant by making you feel satisfied with less food. During the course of treatment with Reductil, you lose considerable amount of weight because you eat less food.
Reductil may not help you achieve your ideal weight however, it certainly helps you attain moderate amount of weight loss, which is not bad enough if you believe the modern standards of weight loss. For best results, you have to combine the recommended dosages of Reductil with a well balanced calorie controlled diet and regular physical exercise. Before taking Reductil for weight loss, you should learn about certain precautions relating to this weight loss drug, as it’s not free from some undesirable side effects.
Precautions for taking Reductil
- You shouldn’t take Reductil for weight loss treatment or maintenance if you are below 18 years or above 65 years of age
- You should avoid Reductil for your weight loss treatment if you have an eating disorder or if your overweight problem is due to any medical condition
- You should let your doctor know if you are allergic to certain types of foods, dyes or preservatives before considering Reductil for your weight loss treatment
- Let your doctor know if you suffer from any medical condition such as high blood pressure, kidney disorder, liver problems, seizures, fits, convulsions, gallstones, or any other condition
- You shouldn’t take overdose of Reductil slimming pills
What are the side effects of Reductil?
Reductil is a safe and effective drug for obesity treatment as well as its maintenance. However, it’s not free from some undesirable side effects. Some of the common side effects of this weight loss drug are headache, dry mouth, constipation, hot flushes, nausea, dizziness, sweating, and tingling or numbness of hands and feet. Some people have also reported changes in their taste sensations after taking Reductil. These side effects of Reductil are generally mild and well tolerated by the majority of people.
Some rare side effects are also associated with Reductil treatment including increase in high blood pressure, fast or irregular heartbeats, blurred vision, short term memory loss, and changes in frequency or volume of urination. If you experience any of these side effects or other serious side effects that may increase your discomfort level after taking Reductil, then you should immediately report to any medical doctor or your GP. However, in the majority of cases, these side effects won’t occur at all, as Reductil is a clinically proven treatment for weight loss.
By Katie B.A. & M.A. In English, BSC, SEO since last 2 years
All rights reserved. Any reproducing of this article must have the author name and all the links intact.