Homeopathy is considered an Alternative health practice; it provides non-toxic medicines to treat a wide variety of health ailments. Homeopathy is based on the principle that the body has a natural ability to heal itself. Homeopaths treat the symptoms with the substance that caused the symptom. This theory is called like cures like, meaning that a large dose of a substance might cause symptoms in a healthy person while a small doses will provide the cure and build a stronger immunity.
How are Homeopathic medicines made?
Homeopathic medicines are created from the natural elements found in minerals, animals and plants. The elements are diluted dramatically to prevent any undesired reactions. Ironically, the more diluted a Homeopathic medicine is the more effective it's healing properties
Treating the whole person
Similar other alternative medicine practices Homeopathy treats the whole person not just one symptom. It is important for a Homeopathic practitioner to gain an in depth knowledge about their clients medical history, lifestyle, emotional state, personality, temperament and symptoms before prescribing medicine. This means that two people with the same symptom are likely to be treated differently because of the varying dynamics of their personal situation.
Why use Homeopathic medicine?
- Homeopathic medicine is completely safe even pregnant women and babies can use it without experiencing unwanted side effects
- Homeopathic medicine is not addictive
- Homeopathic medicine is very effective when using the correct medicine, improvement can be immediate and permanent
- It is holistic, treating all the symptoms as one
- Unlike other medicines Homeopathy works with the immune system
- It is made from natural ingredients
Different types of Homeopathy
- Constitutional. One does given at a high potency with a 6 month interval to asses if there is improvement. This is often used for chronic, long term symptoms such as allergies, asthma, cancer or depression.
- Classical, single remedies used. This form of Homeopathy is the most common form practiced. It involves the practitioner taking an in depth medical history from their patient. The practitioner then uses all the information about their patient and their symptoms to determine manually or by computer the individual's personal remedy.
- Combination. Remedies contain two to four ingredients. This is similar to the classical type of Homeopathy but might include the use of Kinesiology's muscle testing or electro dermal feedback.
- Complex, remedies may contain up to 25 ingredients. This style is most successful when there are multiple symptoms are created simultaneously, making a more complex diagnosis. The multiplicity of ingredients is used to trigger homeopathic drainage. Drainage is an opportunity for the body to free itself from toxins and unwanted waste that has plagued it for a long period of time. These toxins are a result of chronic, environmental or genetic factors.
How to become trained in Homeopathy
It's important to determine what type of Homeopathy you are interested in understanding, perhaps only one type or maybe all sound interesting. Courses vary dramatically from two day seminars to four year courses. It is imperative to research available courses to ensure your chosen course will provide you with the training and certification needed to pursue your career options. As the type of courses vary so do the prices, a two day seminar might cost $200 where as a course that lasts several years can easily be up in the thousands. Some courses require prerequisite classes and others do not, again research is imperative in choosing the right program.
By Worldwide Health Editor
All rights reserved. Any reproducing of this article must have the author name and all the links intact.