Every human being is born with self worth. Sadly, the hustle of our busy lives mingled with the obsession of perfection, total success and popularity leaves little time to remember our worth. Instead of building ourselves up we place impossible objectives in our way and are left feeling bloated with frustration and failure. True happiness is keenly connected to a clear understanding of our individual worth. By focusing on our strengths and setting smaller attainable goals results will be a reality. Self worth deprivation is not acceptable but what is the key to staying focused on self worth. Here are a few great tips to reactivate your self worth:
- Write down all your strengths and weaknesses, don't be modest you have more strengths than you think. Look at the weaknesses and determine why you view them as a weakness, are you comparing yourself to someone else? Often we make up weaknesses because we are not perfect, remember no one is perfect.
- Make goals to improve and record your progress. Do this by setting sub goals that lead up to a larger goal, for example: you want to lose weight. First dress to show off your body's best assets, you will feel more determined if you dress well. Second, each day substitute one piece of fruit for one indulgence. Third, during your break take a 10 minuet walk and so on... Eventually you will reap the benefits of healthy living and desire more.
- Keep a journal and record the healthy choices you make and the benefits; physical, emotional, mental and spiritual.
- Place inspirational quotes in your everyday space, you'll be surprised at the encouragement and strength they offer.
- Tell someone about your goals. If you are accountable to someone the goals are a reality and having extra encouragement will work wonders.
- Remember, nothing good is easy but it is always worth it.
When you recognize your worth you will make better choices in life, not only will you benefit but society will be a huge benefactor of your self worth.
By Worldwide Health Editor
All rights reserved. Any reproducing of this article must have the author name and all the links intact.