Christmas shopping can become a burden as you try to figure out what others might like, need and enjoy. Christmas gifts often just become another item on the To-DO list and you end up grabbing a gift from the store without really determining if that gift would benefit your friend. To encourage the spirit of giving this Christmas select a few people on your present list and get them a gift that will really enhance their life. Look outside the box and give a gift that improves them. Alternative medicine offers people relief everyday in numerous ways and their services would make an excellent gift to a family member or dear friend.
If you have a friend who is always getting a cold you could get her a starter Aromatherapy kit with the essential oils and a little book that explains how to use the oils and what oils are used to help specific symptoms. The field of aromatherapy has been practiced throughout time. The essential oils relieve stress and tension and encourage the body to relax and maintain wholeness.
Aromatherapy scented candles are an easy and effective gift; they can enhance any room with luscious smells.
You probably know many people that would benefit from a little extra relaxation. A couple of relaxation music CD's could offer the escape many people need at stressful times. Some CD's are specifically made for meditation purposes and have a voice that directs you through a meditation session. This gift would be used over and over to help restore balance in your friend's life- what a glorious gift.
For someone special a gift certificate that redeems a body massage is a wonderful gift that will surely be enjoyed. To make the gift more personal evaluate the everyday activities your friend engages in and determine what type of massage would be best. For example:
- A foot massage would be good for someone who spends all day on their feet perhaps a department store cashier or waitress would benefit from this gift.
- For people who spend the majority of their day sitting at a desk an upper body massage would release the muscular tension in the lower back, shoulders and neck.
- A hand massage will feel glorious to a person who is using their hands all day long such as a hairdresser or artist.
- If you have an athlete or dancer as a friend a sports massage will focus on rejuvenating their tired muscles and prevent injury.
- A full body massage will bring anyone joy as it is a prime opportunity to relax and breath life and energy into tired muscles and joints.
If you have a friend that is interested in the techniques of massage there are many detailed books and DVD's that teach techniques and offer an understanding of the muscles of the body.
Perhaps someone close to you desperately wants to loose weight but doesn't know where to get started. Here are a few ideas-
- Buy a couple exercise classes. If you provide the opportunity they will try it and most likely love it and then continue going. Some gyms have gift certificates that can redeem a few classes.
- A personal training session is an excellent tool to help someone receive help and direction when trying to loose weight.
- Books on exercise and nutrition are excellent guides.
- A new pair of running shoes or work out clothing will be the perfect encouragement to get out and get moving.
- A subscription to a health and wellness magazine.
By Worldwidehealth Editor
All rights reserved. Any reproducing of this article must have the author name and all the links intact.