If you are thinking about making a career in dental sciences, dental assisting is a job for people like you. People go to a dentist for a regular check-up. However, the first person they come across when they enter the clinic is a dental assistant. Dental assisting is a pleasurable job and one should feel proud to take it up.
As a dental assistant, you need to follow guidelines and precautions. There are many responsibilities a dental assistant has. There are many opportunities in this field and you will slowly grow. If you want to get a job in popular dental care centers, you need to do a certification course. Based on qualifications and experience you will get a job.
Best things about dental assisting
Many times when we help someone, we feel better from inside. Now think of a job where you help every patient in their cure. You will love your job, right? Here are few things you will like about being a dental assistant:
1. Educating Patients: as a dental assistant, you will be interacting with patients continuously, answering their questions. You talk with the patients about various topics, and the most important thing you discuss is oral health and hygiene. As an assistant, you will enjoy talking with patients about their concerns and educate them about good dental habits.
2. Changing Smiles: Many patients will come with different oral problems. Some will have pain in gums, others will have teeth decay, and some people will have teeth deformity. The patients entering a dental care center are always conscious about their smile. However, when they complete the clinical process, they smile confidentiality. You assist in developing the smile of a patient’s face, making it brighter and healthier.
3. Comforting People: Your job is to assist and make the patients feel comfortable and also calm nervous patients. Being a compassionate dental assistant, you will always be offered kind and welcoming words when the patient is treated successfully.
4. Learning opportunities: as a dental assistant, each day will bring a new lesson to your life. You learn from the dentist, you learn from the patient and other fellow mates. The job of dental assistant brings new opportunities in your life. You will like this ever-increasing knowledge about dentistry.
5. You meet various people: as a dental assistant, you know that patients are not alike. You meet patients with different problems, different attitude. Your fellow assistant may differ in the way of doing work and you get to interact and learn from them too. Variety is the spice of life! As an assistant, this will drive you more into the love for your job.
As now you discovered the things you love about being a dental assistant, you will be eager to know how you can apply for the job. Becoming a dental assistant is not a tough job. You need to join a course to get certified. You will be attending lectures about dental assisting getting information about basic dental sciences, clinical skills, and so on. Along with knowledge, you will be provided practical experience and real-life skills. After you finish your course, you will have to sit in the Certified Dental Assistant (CDA) examination organized by Dental Assisting National Board (DANB).
After clearing the examination, you can get a job in many dental care centers around you. Opting for a reputed institute for the dental assisting course will increase your chances of getting higher pay and the assisting job of your choice. The Dental Assisting School of Georgia is a famous one to give you such opportunities, so try your luck!