A chiropractor principally focuses on the treatment of neuromuscular disorders through their orderly diagnosis. These health care professionals are well-known for reducing the pain of patients and causing improved body functionality. With the help of a chiropractor, an individual can easily be aware of the way one is responsible for self-health. Chiropractic has always been acknowledged as an alternative or a complementary medicine. The Batson Chiropractic is a health group which is an appreciable team of comprehensive healthcare specialists. These specialists have made the health group a one-stop-shop for many patients to take care of one’s wellness needs.
Fundamental beliefs of chiropractors
Chiropractors are known to pay heed to the intimate relationship existing between the spine and the nervous system. They have the following fundamental beliefs:
· The derangement of spine, due to biomechanical and structural aspects, is known to affect the nervous system.
· Chiropractic treatment can help one’s health in many ways. They can cause decrement of pressure on the neurological tissue which is sensitive in nature. Moreover, such treatment can aid in the restoration of structural integrity of the spine.
What are the conditions treated by chiropractors?
Chiropractors are the health care professionals which can use non-surgical treatments to heal patients affected by conditions such as,
· Lower back pain, leg pain and neck pain
· Injuries caused due to sports activities
· Injuries resulted from car accidents
· Arthritic pain
· Repetitive strains
How are Chiropractic Examinations done?
Chiropractic examinations are conducted to examine a spine’s structure and function. Every Chiropractic exam conducted for lower back pain has three components namely, consultation, case history and physical examination. Broadly, in the first component of chiropractic examination or consultation, the chiropractor provides a brief synopsis to the patient regarding lower back pain in the way that:
· The duration of symptoms is taken into consideration. Moreover, the frequency of occurrence of symptoms is also taken into account.
· A description regarding the symptoms is found out
· Areas outsmarted by pain are known
· Process to reduce pain is figured out
· Activities responsible for worsening the pain are diagnosed
The second component of the examination includes case history. With this, a chiropractor can know the nature of the back pain and the particular areas of complaint as well. Case history includes:
· History of family
· Dietary habits
· History of other treatments undertaken by the patient
· History of one’s occupation
· Psychosocial history
· Certain other areas to ponder upon
The third component is namely, physical examination. Here, the spinal segments which require Chiropractic treatments are determined by a Chiropractor with the help of several varieties of methods. The results of the physical examination are taken into account to conduct additional diagnostic tests, if needed. These diagnostic tests include:
· X-ray used for the localisation of subluxations. Subluxations are referred to the position of the vertebra in an altered manner.
· A device for the detection of skin’s temperature in the paraspinal region. This detection can help in the identification of spinal areas having temperature variance in a significant manner which requires to get manipulated.
Chiropractic adjustment has been found to be safe as complications in association of such an adjustment are quite rare. These adjustments are performed by individuals carrying effective training and licence to provide chiropractic care. However, these rare-to-occur complications may include herniated disk or an existing disk herniation which can worsen. In the United States, doctors of chiropractic are not known to perform surgeries or get involved in writing medical prescriptions as they are not licensed for these purposes.