We clean our clothes, the house, the car, our hair, our skin but what about what's under our skin, when do we clean our body internally. Detoxification is a great way to flush out the old and harmful elements and clean our body's engine so it can fight germs, bacteria and diseases. Detoxification is a process that rids the body of harmful pollutants or neutralizes them improving our immune system.
The more advanced our world gets the more we experiment with harmful metals and chemicals. It is these substances along with junk food and poor lifestyles that fill our body with rubbish leaving us feeling sluggish, ill and plugged up! A Detox diet can help removes these harmful substances.
Who Needs to Detox?
Anyone would receive health benefits from a Detox diet. People who are in greater need of one are those who are over weight, eat unhealthily, are exposed frequently to heavy metals such as lead, mercury, nickel, cadmium, aluminum and arsenic, taking medication or suffering from a disease.
Foods to Eat While Detoxifying Your Precious Engine:
- Fruits! Whether they are fresh, frozen, dried or in natural syrup they will pump goodness into your body.
- Green Vegetables. Especially Broccoli, sprouts and spinach. Fresh or frozen put them in everything; salads, pasta dishes or just as a snack.
- Garlic. Throughout the years garlic has been purifying bodies. Add it to all your dinner dishes just make sure you have some chewing gum to cover up the smell!
- Lemons. These help transform toxins into water based soluble, making them easier for the body to get rid of.
- Water. Keeps the body hydrated and helps flush everything out.
- Beans. These are a great source of protein and energy.
- Nuts and Seeds. Try to stick to unsalted.
Foods to Avoid:
•∑ Red Meat
By doing a two day Detox fast of just water, fruits and vegetables once a month you will feel the health benefits. You will have more energy, have the ability to stay focused, build a resilient immune system, develop healthy eating habits and go regularly.
If you are considering a Detox diet and have medical problems first consult with your health care provider. As you embark on a Detox diet remember that you might experience some discomfort such as diarrhea, headaches, cramps or gas, as you are expelling the junk from your body. These side effects are short lived and are replaced by long lasting health benefits.
By Worldwide Health Editor
All rights reserved. Any reproducing of this article must have the author name and all the links intact.