Tips on Enduring Allergies
Allergies are not similar to a disease. In the case of a disease health practitioners will venture to find where the problem started and attack that nucleus. Unfortunately, allergies don't have a home base where it all begins, allergies affects the whole body. Often it might seem as though you have grown out of an allergy but most likely it is manifesting itself in a new way. For example, a child has had eczema for several years and suddenly it disappears but then the child is often sneezing and has a runny nose. In this situation the parents only focus on the absence of eczema and miss the signs of other allergies.
There are many health practitioners with great remedies to help soften the symptoms of allergies but here are a few common sense tips:
1. Educate yourself! Be alert and discover what triggers your allergies.
2. Handkerchiefs not tissues. Allergies don't create a sore nose it's the constant wiping of tissues, to help keep your nose soft use a cotton handkerchief.
3. Wipe out the old and bring in the new. Old furniture is often stuffed with animal fur and has years of dust and dander embedded in it. This means each time someone sits down thousands of molecules are propelled into the air ready to set off allergies.
4. Horse voices. Often allergies will leave your throat swollen and dry causing your voice to sound horse. Allergic hoarseness can be relived by the use of an inhaler which decrease the swelling and increase the mucus membrane
5. Decongestant addictions. Do not get addicted to decongestants, there is a time and place for decongestants, they should not be used consistently. If possible, avoid decongestants for 72 hours and your body will almost always feel relief.
6. Wash your hands. Keeping your hands clean will help prevent getting allergens in your eyes avoiding soreness.
7. Find good health practitioners. Those suffering with asthma or dramatic allergies shop around and find a recommended health practitioner who will teach you how to live with your symptoms.
8. Questions. Ask your health providers lots of questions. If you always forget your question write them down as you think of them and take the list with you.
9. SLEEP! Sleep will help improve overall health and it will help with maintaining a good attitude when dealing with allergy symptoms.
10. Air conditioning NOT fans. If you really struggle with allergies such as pollen, dust, dander and molds invest in air conditioning. If you use a fan all the allergens are disturbed and blown around the room. Keep the windows shut in the car and the house. If air conditioning is not an option perhaps designate one room as your special allergy free room and install a window air conditioner.
11. Vacuum the carpets daily. During the pollen seasons or after animals have been around the house vacuum the carpets to reduce the amount of allergens in your home.
12. Alter exercising programs. Avoid exercising in the morning, as the pollen is at its worst and avoid green vegetation. If possible exercise indoors.
13. Don't run way from the allergies. Often when people move to avoid allergies it's a failure or the previous allergy is replaced by another one.
By Worldwide Health Editor
All rights reserved. Any reproducing of this article must have the author name and all the links intact.